Rolling Blackouts Warning for Monday!
February 14, 2021
Protect your Valentines. Uri has come to town and he packs a punch most Texans are not trained to counter. If we all conserve the impact will be less severe.
What can I do TODAY on Valentine’s Day and beyond?
- Bring in your pets. This is life-threatening for them, too. You are their caregiver.
- Prepare food today. Recognize that you may not be able to do it tomorrow. Boil eggs, cook meat, make a casserole, etc.
- Fill pitchers and containers with water for flushing toilets, drinking, food prep, spit baths. Save 5+ gallons per person.
- Change your routine to help mitigate peak usage of electricity and water by avoiding bathing and doing laundry in the early mornings and evenings.
- Limit washing to 1-2 loads over the next several days.
- Stay inside! Don’t drive. This weather is life-threatening.
- If your pipes freeze DO NOT run the water. Close the valve to stop the pressure, then thaw safely. Instructions HERE.